The importance of your privacy
You do not have to provide any of your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide us with your personal information that we request we may not be able to provide our services or assistance to you.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following personal information about you:
- name, date of birth and/or age bracket, location services, messages communicated by you or to you with others;
- images and other content that may identify you;
- images and other content uploaded or shared by you;
- account preferences and settings from available sources;
- contact details (eg mailing address, email address, phone number and/or fax number); and/or
- electronic devices on which our service is installed, synced with other networks and devices, and accessed.
How do we collect your personal information?
We endeavour to collect your personal information directly from you. However, when necessary and appropriate, we may also collect your personal information from third parties including:
- Account preferences from third party with which we have [list here all the ways in which you collect personal information indirectly (ie not from an individual themselves) if any. This could include functionality on the website that enables you to collect personal information from users]; and/or
- from publicly available sources.
What do we use your personal information for?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to us or as permitted or required by law or a Court or Tribunal order (Purposes). These Purposes may include to:
- provide you with our services;
- respond to your enquiries or provide you with assistance as requested;
- process registration forms you have completed;
- comply with our legal and other obligations;
- provide you with marketing material which we believe will be of interest to you (and we note you may opt-out of receiving such material from us at any time in accordance with the opt-out facility included in such communications); and/or
- proving your personal information to third parties for their use (including for the purpose of sending you marketing material such as offers, promotions and other products and services).
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties. Such third parties to which we may disclose your personal information include:
- our third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide, manage or administer a service offered for us;
- your representatives, but only if you have provided consent for such disclosure;
- Australian and cross-boarder government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies and any other parties where permitted or required by law or a Court or Tribunal order; and/or
- Australian and cross-boarder third parties to whom we are legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. For example, we implement the following security measures:
- physical security procedures for access to our business premises; and
- IT security procedures including password protection and virus protection.
Despite the measures we put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You must take care to protect your personal information. You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches.
How can you access your personal information?
You may access your personal information that we hold subject to a small number of legal restrictions or exemptions. Where such restrictions or exemptions exist, we will advise you of those reasons if we deny your request for access.
If you wish to access your personal information that we hold you should contact us at the details below (see the “Our contact information” section below) and provide us with proof (satisfactory to us) of your identity. While we do not charge you for a request for accessing your personal information, please be aware that we may charge a reasonable fee for our time and costs in complying with your request in the following circumstances:
- if an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare the material for you; and/or
- if you wish to have your personal information photocopied by us.
How can you correct your personal information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information we hold is accurate, up-to-date and complete. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information.
Please contact us at the details below (see the “Our contact information” section below) as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, up-to-date or complete.
How can you make a complaint?
If you wish to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information or if you believe we have breached the APPs please contact us at the details below (see the “Our contact information” section below). You will need to provide us with sufficient details regarding your complaint together with any supporting evidence.
We will investigate your complaint and determine the steps (if any) that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of our investigation.
If you are not satisfied with our determination, at any time you can complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner (see www.oaic.gov.au for contact details).
Our contact information
For general enquiries please email us at: email@example.com